Do you remember this post about Queenie? Queenie is the oldest cow in our herd at 14 years of age. ?It’s not overly old, some cows do live to 17 or 18 but she’s had 12 calvings which includes 3 sets of twins so her old body is getting a bit tired. Brian was thinking of culling her last year as she has a high cell count now, her udder nearly stretches to the ground and she is [...]
- Farm Memoirs of 2018 and 2019: Recommended Reads
- Holidaying in the UK
- The Mystery of the Bloat-Inducing Milk Powder
- Self-Publishing or Traditional Publishing – Which is Best?
- Irish Boarding School Life compared to Enid Blyton’s Malory Towers
- The Joy of Ambling – for Humans and Cows
- 10 Reasons Why Farmers Make Great Husbands
- It’s always good to be alive
- Are Cows just Numbers or Do We Name Them?
- Do Old Cures Really Work?