I wanted to read Jo Baker’s Longbourn once I first heard about it. ?I had been ?disappointed by ‘Death Comes to Pemberley’ and have no intention of reading the modern version of Sense and Sensibility but this novel, the giving voice to the voiceless, letting us know what might have been going through the minds of the servants below stairs, telling us about their working lives, sounded like [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….