I have always enjoyed reading farm and rural memoirs. My copies of James Herriot’s books are dog-eared and have been reread many times since I was a teenager. The success of recently published farm memoirs proved that the rural memoir is as popular as ever, perhaps even enjoying a renaissance as various sectors of society (indeed, 47% of people in Britain) show an interest in leaving their city lives and dream of living on a smallholding or perhaps [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….