This illustration is from Would You Marry A Farmer? and I love it. It’s a play on the American Gothic painting and to me, this suggests a couple who have got through all the trials of a farm marriage and as they have never reached the stage of stabbing each other with that pitchfork, they stand united with the pitchfork between them – wiser, older and still in love.
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….