My childhood memories of my maternal grandmother are of going to collect eggs with her in a huge henhouse where eggs were piled in tall and wide egg laying boxes along one wall, she would fill a huge green bucket with them and we would give each egg a quick wash or wipe before putting them in trays. She ran a flourishing egg business with what seemed like hundreds of hens and chickens. The hens roamed in the field and [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….