Boy, what a spring! The Irish countryside looks more like it has been sprayed with weedkiller than its usual lush self. While temperatures have been warmer the last few days, heavy rain during the week meant that cows and cattle had to be rehoused. We’ve been quite lucky, we’ve had sufficient silage, we got the cows out by day for most days and got half the cattle out for a few weeks. We have spent about ?7,000 more this March [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….