Mother’s Day is coming up next Sunday in Ireland, the UK and a few other countries. The US, of course, has its Mother’s Day in May. For most livestock farmers, having Mother’s Day in March means that it’s the busiest time of the year because even if calves and lambs aren’t being born that weekend, there’s usually lots of them to be cared for. Therefore, time tends to be short in terms of women getting time to relax and for [...]
- Farm Memoirs of 2018 and 2019: Recommended Reads
- Holidaying in the UK
- The Mystery of the Bloat-Inducing Milk Powder
- Self-Publishing or Traditional Publishing – Which is Best?
- Irish Boarding School Life compared to Enid Blyton’s Malory Towers
- The Joy of Ambling – for Humans and Cows
- 10 Reasons Why Farmers Make Great Husbands
- It’s always good to be alive
- Are Cows just Numbers or Do We Name Them?
- Do Old Cures Really Work?