The Priest’s Wife to me sounded as though it was going to be about a torturous relationship between a priest and either his mistress or a woman that loved him fiercely but he loved God and Rome more. Set mostly in the 1970s, the opening chapter reveals a young nun having to lick spilled salt and pepper off the dusty floor on her 21st birthday as the Mother Superior seems intent on humiliating her as much as possible.
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….