The cows and heifers were scanned today to check that they were pregnant and to confirm calving dates. ?It went well, all but two cows were pregnant (there were a few who deliberately weren’t put in calf) and all but one heifer, she may have lost it. 2.5% of the cows weren’t in calf which is pretty good considering the year that was in it as we had a few that retained cleanings (afterbirth) due to mineral deficiency. We were [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….