One tip I provide ‘perfect farm wives’ in my book is that if you wish to do well in agricultural show competitions, it is a good idea to scout out the competition first. For example, I have noticed that the coffee cake class in Tullow Show is very competitive, being one of the most popular classes. The cherry cake one is also popular, because the prize money for that one is significant. If you find a class that has only [...]
- Farm Memoirs of 2018 and 2019: Recommended Reads
- Holidaying in the UK
- The Mystery of the Bloat-Inducing Milk Powder
- Self-Publishing or Traditional Publishing – Which is Best?
- Irish Boarding School Life compared to Enid Blyton’s Malory Towers
- The Joy of Ambling – for Humans and Cows
- 10 Reasons Why Farmers Make Great Husbands
- It’s always good to be alive
- Are Cows just Numbers or Do We Name Them?
- Do Old Cures Really Work?