I enjoy historical fiction and I was intrigued by the blurb on The House Where It Happened by Martina Devlin. It is set in 1711 amongst an Ulster Scots community in the remote eastern corner of Ireland. The unnrest, death and murder that occurred half a century earlier still seems to be uppermost in most people’s minds. A belief in ghosts and witchcraft along with strange happenings put people [...]
- Goodbye 2021 and What’s Happening In 2022
- Book Review: The Beasts They Turned Away
- In Memory of Sam
- What Lucy Did Next
- My Tips for a “Bloatless” Calving Season
- Friday Fields: The Letterbox
- Friday Fields: Lynup’s Hill, Where my ashes will be spread
- Friday Fields: What secrets does Taylor’s Field hold?
- Friday Fields: High and Low Shores
- If My Kitchen Table Could Talk ….